What to expect?
Lash extensions are applied while you are lying down with your eyes closed on a comfortable spa bed in a serene setting. This usually takes about 1-2 hours for a full set of lashes, but also depends on the set of lashes you decide to get as well as the level of the lash artist . After prepping your lashes, your bottom lashes are protected with a gel eye pad, lash extensions are then applied 1-to-1 with medical grade adhesive. It is a really relaxing, non-invasive treatment and most of our clients take the time to catch up on their beauty sleep!
Should I prep fro the appointment?
Prior to your appointment, try your best to arrive without any eye makeup, do not curl your lashes or wear mascara the day before and the day of your appointment. It will help minimize the cleanup time and more time for lashing. a $20 fee will apply to all who require a make up removal.
Are eyelash extensions safe?
Based on the growth cycle of eyelashes, When applying lashes, lash stylist are trained to look for adult lashes to attach the individual extensions lashes. Young (baby) lashes are left to allow them to fully develop and when it comes times to re-lash, we have new strong lashes to bond to. Lash extensions will not cause your natural eyelashes to fall out. Remember that your natural lashes have their own life cycle of falling and growing – like the hair found elsewhere on your body. It's hard to notice small lashes falling out, but when attached to a thicker, longer lash they become much more noticeable! Once the extensions are removed, your own eyes may appear smaller, your natural lashes, shorter and sparser because you've been accustomed to a full set of longer, thicker lashes.
One of the products we use is Xtreme Lash they are developed to the highest standards of safety and are FDA-approved. If you want to find out more about the products we use, visit Xtreme Lash Extensions.
How Do I take Care of my new Lashes?
- Do not get your lashes wet for at least 48 hours after application
- Do not go tanning for 24 hours after application
- Use an oil-free eye makeup remover
- Try not to run water directly on your lashes, keep shampoos and conditioners away
- Do not rub, pick or pull your eyes
- If using mascara, use water based formulas
- When applying mascara avoiding the root area.
- Avoid using an eyelash curler
- Try to avoid exposure to heat, steam, sauna and friction
- Receiving chemical treatments, such as eyelash tinting or perming
- Keep sauna, steam room and tanning visits to a minimum as the application of constant heat and moisture weakens the adhesive bond resulting in premature lash extension loss.
- Cleanse your lashes and your eyelids daily to maintain healthy and beautiful lashes and lash follicles. Do not use cotton balls, cotton rounds or swabs directly on the eyelashes as the fibers may get lodges in the bond areas lash extensions. (Cleanse your face and eyes prior to showering to minimize exposure of lashes to water)
- Groom your lashes daily to style your lash extensions into place
How long will my lash extensions last?
We recommend getting refills every 2 to 4 weeks. If you wait too long your extensions will fall out and you will require a full set. Factors such as exposure to humidity, steam or touching your eyes a lot may cause the extensions to fall quicker. Refills can take from 30 - 60 minutes, depending on the state of your remaining lashes. A good sign of when you need a refill is when your extensions are 50%-60% gone
Can I wear mascara?
Yes, but we recommend you use mascara formulated for extensions. Mascara will shorten the life of your lash extensions. We do suggest you try to avoid mascara if possible. If a more voluminous look is desired, we can use a thicker diameter of extension so that no mascara is needed.
Can I still wear makeup?
Yes, but again, any makeup that is placed in the eye area should ideally be formulated for use with extensions. When using eyeliner or eye shadow, remember to remove with a product that does not contain oil of any kind as this will affect the glue. You may purchase after care products that will help extend the life of your individual lash extensions at the time of your appointment.
What if I have allergies and rub my eyes a lot?
Rubbing your eyes will cause fast extension loss and you should try your best to avoid it. If you cannot keep from rubbing your eyes because of allergies, you may find eyelash extensions difficult to maintain. If you find that you are highly sensitive to eye makeup and products, eyelash extensions may not suit you.
I have a cold. Can I still get extensions?
If you have a cold, sinus or allergy infection, please do not have this service done at this time! Your lashes will not last a long time due to watery eyes and irritation.
My lashes are very curly. Can I still get lash extensions?
Depending on how curly your lashes are, you may find that lash extensions do not suit you. Extremely curly lashes tend to shorten the lash wear time.
Should I clean the eye area?
Yes! While touching the eye area should be kept to minimum, it is important to clean the eye area with an oil-free cleanser to avoid infection.